“The idea behind Citizen Journalism is that people without professional journalism training can learn to use the tools of modern technology; and the global distribution of the Internet, to create, augment, and fact-check media on their own or in collaboration with others.” – American Citizen
The Future We Are Creating
Creating a platform for transparent, and open growth, through Ethical Citizen Media (ECM). Citizens worldwide are in need of equal access to the newest technology and innovations ;that increase citizen participation and influence social change. Ethical Citizen Media increases access to tools and media, while influencing social change.
How We Are Creating It
Ethical Citizen Media applies universally applicable Citizen Journalist tactics ;that preserve and gain human rights and social justice. New technology: digital media and software, mobile devices, social media, and radio and television broadcasting, are the tools used by regular citizens for regular citizens.
- ECM has recently been implemented on a small scale in Nigeria, through a partnership with Achievers’ Rock Intl Ministry, addressing the fuel subsidies. We have also established a partnership with The Dolphin Anti-rape Org. in Kenya.
- The use of modern technology and the internet has made access to information easier. People in under-served populations throughout the world have limited access to credible information -creating obstacles and limitations to influence change. Ethical Citizen Media training offers certification in recording, reporting, and broadcasting news and events via social media and world aggregates. Train-The-Trainer programs fill the need for more qualified Citizen Journalists in marginalized cultures.
Our Story & Why You Should Support Us
- Eway Foundation and Eway Entertainment promotes a universal culture of peace through the arts & humanities. Eway was founded in response to the need for more integrity and compassion in the entertainment industry. As part of Eway’s social responsibility, eighty percent of Eway Entertainment Groups’ proceeds subsidize the philanthropic and humanitarian ventures of Eway Foundation.
- Eway programs include Peace Education, Technology Training, Cultural Arts Exchange, and Ethical Citizen Media (ECM).
- Ethical Citizen Media was originally submitted to Citizen Media: A Global Innovation Competition in July of 2011.
- The success of the ECM project was measured in its use in the Occupy Movement in Los Angles. As part of preserving the peace in the city, several citizen journalists used the model ;in combination with security and media coverage of the events. Success in this particular social movement was measured in the fact that Los Angles was a model for peaceful protests. Anonymity and safety was maintained by protecting the identities of on the ground practitioners.
Ethical Citizen Media News Citizens worldwide are in need of equal access to the newest technology and innovations that increase citizen participation and influence social change. Ethical Citizen Media applies universally applicable Citizen Journalist tactics ;that preserve and gain human rights and social justice. The objectives of Ethical Citizen Media are to:
1) Increase citizen participation in social and civic activities ;and access to technology.
2)Provide the under-served with safe and ethical journalist tacticsthrough training, certification, and mentoring.
Watch Ethical Citizen Media LIVE Broadcasts!
CLICK The Widget!