YOUTH EMPOWERMENT DEVELOPMENT
Eway Foundation fosters the talents and skills of youth in the Arts & Humanities, music and film, and motorsports. Each year, the foundation sponsors a day outing to a major racing venue. In 2011, the charity visited the Indianapolis 500.
- The pilot project within the Kenyan education system, through a partnership between Eway Foundation and the several international NGO’s, will provide over 1000 students with computers and mobile devices, accompanied by training and certification.
- It is our overall goal to train more than 10,000 students in Ethical Citizen Media and Technology over the next year. Graduates of the ECM Certification Program (Train-the-Trainers) will be paired with professional journalists, with the possibility of securing employment -Ethical Citizen Media Journalists and Trainers.
Eway Media & Global Technologies contracts with global media companies to broadcast newsworthy events. EGMT also assists with media operations and communications. In addition, we utilize the ”Ethical Citizen Journalist/Media”model developed as a project for Ashoka Changemakers.
- We are in the early stages of creating software (and hardware features), that will enable cutlures to advance developments in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in health care.
- The project will also enable professionals and patients to scan parts of the body (using smartphones) and upload X-rays, scans etc. and footage, to medical facility servers, via aggregate, or to “media monitoring site”. This design is still in the development/incubator stage.
- Eway Media & Global Technologies is developing a prototype Medical Smartphone Device (MSD), which requires manufacturing hardware in mobile devices (building Smartphone Technology). The patented idea is to use a smartphone as an x-ray, scan device, “reverse camera”, ( sensors triggered by X-ray).
- The aim of the smartphone mobile technology innovation, is to improve medical services to under-served, rural communities, by improving technology. The innovation will also be used to promote and encourage Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics programs throughout the United States and abroad.
- In partnership with BullySafe USA, and Peace Learning Center, Eway formally proposed to the Los Angeles Unified School District to implement our Anti-bullying/LGBT Peace Education project in LA Public Schools.